Sunday 29 July 2018

Shop Spotlight: Love From Poppy Designs!


To start off this blog series I got in touch with the lovely Bev from Love From Poppy Designs. She hand makes beautiful Travelers Notebook's!
How long have you been in business?
I have been on Etsy since January 2017

Is this your full time job? If not what else do you do alongside it?
I have two children and a husband who works a funny shift pattern.  By setting up my own small business, it meant I could work around all of their schedules and I could do it from home. I would say it is part way between part time and full time, but I am never short of things that need doing! 

Outside of the planner/creative community, what is one of your other hobbies/interests?
I am a big reader, and I love nothing more than relaxing in the winter with a stack of books , a cosy blanket and a hot chocolate (with marshmallows).  In the summer, as a family we are members of the National Trust and we spend as much time as we can on their properties, walking and exploring the big houses.  I try to soak up as much of it as possible and I love imagining what life was like for the people who used to live there all those years ago. 


What is one of your top selling products?
One of my top sellers recently has been the Clear Travelers Notebooks! Luckily it was a hit right off the bat and I had over 50 sales on launch day. It was overwhelming and brilliant in equal measure.

Something new you’ve learnt since you began running your shop?
I have learnt to juggle a million tasks at once and a hard lesson in time management. I am really lucky to have a supportive team in my husband and the kids and that makes life so much easier!

One stationery item you can’t do without?
I used to be such a fancy planner, with decoration and stickers and washi.  But since getting busier with the shop, my style has evolved into a very minimalist system. I couldn’t live without highlighters! 

(Clear PVC TN, click here to check them out on her shop!)

Can you share any new products that you have in the pipeline?
I have been looking to create smaller leather goods, and one of the products I am on the brink of launching is a leather card holder. Which can be customized through colours and embossed initials. 

Have you always been creative? Or is this a newer hobby?
I think I have always been creative. I didn’t have a lot of resources growing up, so I used to take items and recycle them into new projects.  For example I used to stick Opal Fruit wrappers around card frames and use sticky backed plastic to protect them to make photo frames.  I guess it was an early version of upcycling and I used to love creating different things.


Quick fire Questions..

Sunshine or rainy days?
Rainy

Rings or Strings?
Strings

Picnic or Restaurant?
Picnic

Gel ink or Ballpoint?
Ballpoint

Washi or stickers?
Washi

If you want to check out Bev's shop, or follow her on social media, you can find all her links below:

She's also provided an exclusive discount for you all!
Use the code DAISY10 for 10% off products until August 31st at midnight.

I hope you have all enjoyed getting to know a little bit about Bev, and thank you Bev for taking part in this blog series!

- Daisy X

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment