Sunday 12 August 2018

Shop Spotlight: Crafty Rat Designs!

This week I'm talking to Becca from Crafty Rat Designs! She creates & sells a range of paper goodies, from stickers and inserts to beautiful vellums!



How long have you been in business?
The shop will be turning 2 in October this year – There are lots of exciting things planned for the party so keep an eye out! 

Is this your full time job? If not what else do you do alongside it?
At the moment this is my full time job, however I also work as a freelance illustrator and often work on other projects alongside the shop. I recently graduated in Graphic Design so projects are usually pretty ‘artst-fartsy’!

Outside of the planner/craft community, what is one of your other hobbies/interests?
My other main hobby, outside of the planner and craft community is exploring – mainly on my motorbike. I have been riding for 3 years and am looking to go travelling around the UK in the near future and hope to travel the rest of the world one day!

(Crafty Rats Stickers can be found here on her shop)

Do you have a favourite product in your shop? Something you personally use more often than the rest?
My favourite products would have to be my Tarot collection, more specifically the notebooks. I created these designs as part of my Final Major Project at university and they helped me get my first class degree! So much time and effort went into creating them and I am so proud of how they turned out.

Describe your shop in 3 words?
Quirky, Esoteric and Fun

What planner/s do you use to stay on track?
I am currently using an A6 Foxy Fix Traveler’s Notebook in Mink. Although I have an Erin Condren on the way which I will probably combo with my TNs, using the TNs in a more Bullet Journal type format!

(Tarot Collection can be found here)

Do all of your products feature your own designs? Or do you use external artwork to create your products?
It’s a bit of a mix and match. All of the Crafty Rats are my own designs, however the majority of the sticker kits I currently sell are created using external artwork. I do however intend to move towards having products that are exclusively created by myself in the near future, just so that I have something a little more unique to offer!

Can you share any new products that you have in the pipeline?
I intend to create a sticker kits featuring the Crafty Rats, and have been prepping this recently, It’s almost ready to share and will likely be in the shop in the next few weeks. If it’s something that people like then I intend to make these regularly!


Quick fire Questions..
Sweet or savoury? 
Sweet

Washi or stickers?
Stickers

Cosy Winter or Summer Sun?
Cosy Winter

Horizontal or Vertical?
Vertical

Rainbow or monochrome?
Monochrome


If you want to check out Becca's shop, or follow her on social media, you can find all her links below: 

She's also provided an exclusive discount for you all!
Use the code MYGREENCOW15 for 15% off orders over £5 until September 30th 2018. 

I hope you have all enjoyed finding out a bit more about Becca & her shop, and thank you Becca for taking part in this blog series!

 - Daisy X

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment