Friday 2 October 2015

Lyra & Co Fauxdori Review!


I have got a beautiful fauxdori to review for you today!
I was so happy when I found out there was finally a UK fabric fauxdori maker. I've seen these all over Instagram but they've all been from non UK shops, so the P&P prices are sooo much more.

This Fauxdori is made by Jane from Lyra & Co!
When it came to choosing which design I wanted ... It was tricky, there were so many beautiful designs available and I have a feeling I will be going back at some point to get another one.
I went for this penguin design, I definitely fell for the colours and the inside matches so perfectly. I immediately knew that this was what I wanted to use for my Christmas planning.
This Christmas will be the first one away from home, I will have most likely only just moved and things will be a bit up in the air still, so I knew I needed some sort of planner or notebook to keep everything in one place.


The details of this fauxdori are just beautiful, I love that the edges are all neat and tidy, I've seen that some shops don't 'finish' the edges? I think that's what it's called haha. But I much prefer it when everything is all neat. The little eyelets also make the holes a lot more neat, I was definitely impressed with the overall finish of this fauxdori. Can we also take a moment to appreciate the gold elastic ... Ugh love it. Okay moving on.


This is the inside of the fauxdori! Can you see what I mean about it matching the outside perfectly now?! I'm just in loveeee with it.
I definitely wanted a design which wasn't traditional Christmas colours and patterns, and this just fits the bill great. The gold elastic goes with everything so well, Jane has done such a great job at matching everything up!
Inside there are two elastics, which means you can fit anywhere between 2 - 6 inserts. This was another feature I was looking for, after owning many fauxdoris I've found that I much prefer a chunky dori than a flat one. So being able to have the option of filling it up is great!


You will have seen throughout this post that there were some adorable stickers in the photos, these were a bonus that Jane sent me and they are so cute! Not only does she sell fauxdoris, but she also sells the inserts and stickers!
As I said, I will be setting this up as my Christmas planner. I'll be sure to post some progress photos on my Instagram and then once it's complete I'll be doing a video talking through what inserts I'm using and how I've decorated etc.

The only downside which is much more of a personal issue rather than a product issue, is the fabric feel. I've always had issues with stroking or touching certain fabrics (tight cotton mainly), and the noise it makes when I do so. It sends physical goosebumps from head to toe and makes me feel queasy. It's something that I'm most definitely trying to overcome, and have been pushing myself to get more things that are made from this sort of fabric in the hope that I'll eventually desensitise myself from it.

Overall, totally in love! So happy to have found a UK seller, Jane is lovely and easy to talk to. Her prices are very reasonable:

Small sized Fauxdori - £12 + P&P
Regualar sized Fauxdori - £16 + P&P
Extra Wide sized Fauxdori - £18.50 + P&P

She has also provided me with a discount code for you guys to use!
You can get 15% off with the code DAISY15
Click here and head over to Lyra & Co!
(it does expire in a month though so make sure to use it ASAP!)

Thank you Jane for this beautiful Fauxdori, it will be well loved!

- Daisy X

MyGreenCow

*Please note, even though these products were sent to me free of charge, this does not sway my views and opinions. I will always share my honest views on the product and company.


1 comment: