Friday 23 February 2018

Pocket Filofax Notebook Review!

As many of you might know, I own a couple of Filofax Notebook's. One of my A5 sized ones I ended up using as a bullet journal for a good few months, and I absolutely loved it!
Filofax got in touch a few weeks ago and asked if I'd be interested in taking a look at one of their Pocket sized notebooks. Seeing as I loved the A5 sized ones so much, I was intrigued to see how much the Pocket sized ones differed. 


I of course picked the Lemon Yellow one! This notebook is from their Classic Pastels range, and all of these have the elastic closure on them. My rose gold metallic Notebook from Filofax, doesn't have an elastic closure, none of the metallic ones do. So this could be a pro or a con to some people, but for me, it doesn't make a massive difference. I think Aesthetically the elastic does add to the notebook, but practically speaking it really doesn't take that much longer to open the notebook, compared to one that doesn't have an elastic.


The spine is the same as the larger notebooks, it's a pretty clever design. Whether you have lots of pages inside, or not that many, having the spiral going through the cover like this seems to help the spine from morphing too much, it kind of grows and shrinks as and when it needs to. If you want to fold the cover back on itself, the spine also allows for this to happen.
Seeing as the notebook covers are quite plain, I think it does add a little quirk to them too.


Inside, the notebook comes with a ruler, a little intro page, a wedge of lined paper, and some pretty pastel dividers. Like the A5 notebook's, you can buy refills as and when you need them. They have a few different styles, including dotted paper (£1.99 for 32 sheets). So if you were thinking of using this as a small bullet journal, then they have the ideal paper for that. The paper quality for these notebooks is something I've been very impressed with. It's not super thin, and is lovely and smooth.


The dividers are pretty pastel colours, which is the standard colours for their Classic Pastels range. The top divider also has a built in pocket, so if you wanted to keep things in the notebook then you can do. They compliment the cover nicely so I don't have a problem with them, but because you can removed the pages of these notebooks, you could quite easily make yourself some personalised dividers to fit the notebook.


The cover of the notebook is very smooth to touch, but does contain some texture. On the website it's described as a 'leather look', so isn't real leather. The front and the back of the cover also has what feels, and looks like a more solid surface. This makes it a lot easier to write in if you don't have a flat surface nearby. Even though it's very sturdy, and has the flat covers, there is also some bend in it. So it's not completely a hard back notebook.

I think this is going to end up being the notebook that comes along with me, in whatever bag I'm using. It's the perfect size, it has the dividers so I can organise my thoughts, and the solid covers mean I can easily write in it wherever I am. 

If you are thinking of getting one, you can take a look at their whole range of Notebook's here, or if you want to grab yourself the Lemon one I've got, you can find that here.

Hopefully you've enjoyed hearing my opinion on this adorable, dinky notebook!

- Daisy X

MyGreenCow


*Please note, even though this notebook was sent to me free of charge, this does not sway my views and opinions. I will always share my honest views on the product and company.

3 comments:

  1. This is SO cute!!! Beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashleigh O'Callaghan23 February 2018 at 22:14

    Adorable! A bit small for my needs but I may look into the bigger ones for a bullet journal! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something else to add to my to try list!

    ReplyDelete