Friday 3 May 2019

Craft Space Inspiration! - #DerwentFeelGoodFriday

One of the things I was a little worried about when moving back here, was if I'd have enough space to put up all the little display pieces that meant a lot to me.
Considering today's National Stationery Week hashtag is 'Feel Good Friday' I figured I'd share some of my favourite things in and around my desk, that inspire and motivate me to be creative. 


First up is my cork board, this one specifically I fill with lots of bits and pieces. Some are my own artwork, some things have been created for me, and others I have been gifted. This board sits directly in front of me when I'm sat at my desk working, so I'm always glancing up at it. 
It's not full yet and I have been adding to it gradually as and when I find things I want to put up there. I think if you have any wall space in your craft room/creative space, I'd recommend putting a cork board up there. Not only do they look good in an aesthetically pleasing way, but they are also quite practical for inspiration as you can change it up every day if you want to.
In the old room I had them stuck to the wall with command strips, but I couldn't do that here, so instead I've attached some screw pins in the top and hung them from the picture rail at the top of the wall. 


This is a random little space, but I love it! I got the sweet dispenser in Flying Tiger (during their £2 sale, so a total bargain!), and honestly wasn't 100% sure what I was going to do with it but knew I just 'needed' it. Here we are a few months later and it's got a sort of purpose... It now holds all my pom poms, and yes if you open the catch pom poms do fly out.
The rest of the little nick nacks on here are from my peg board I used to have on the wall, and no longer have space for. I've just been popping things on here that aren't flat enough to pin onto a board, but are too cute to store away out of sight.


My washi shelf.... Need I say more? If you've followed me along with that journey, you will know that it's probably one of my favourite pieces of furniture(?) in my whole office/craft space! I designed it myself, and with help from my dad we got it made. 
When I said I was going to paint it a bright yellow I had a few odd looks from him, but now he's seen it in the flesh he agrees that it was a good decision! Not only is this the most practical storage I've had for my washi tape collection, but it also doubles up as a massively inspirational piece of wall art. I don't think I would be able to find something like this in a store, which has so much colour and patterns on it. 


Last of all is my slowly growing pin collection. They all live on my other cork board, and I've been collecting them for a little over a year now. This board also holds my monthly work overview/timetable that I've been trying to stick to. Having some fun things to look at around the work stuff helps to make it a little less of a 'boring board'.
If anyone knows any other pin designers that have stationery/craft themed pins, please let me know!

So those were a few of my favourite things in/around my desk space. I am someone who finds themselves directly affected by their surroundings, and I do struggle sometimes with inspiration and motivation to get things done if I feel like my surrounds are too bland. But I know if I can make my space as colourful (but not overwhelming) and as inspiring as I possibly can, then it will help with my motivation. 

Do you have a favourite part of your craft space?

- Daisy X

*Please note, no products featured were sent to me for the purpose of this blogpost.
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment