Friday 9 October 2015

Making a Transparent Dashboard!

(Halloween Planner charms are from Kawaii Studios)

This October I'm definitely making the most of everything Halloween-ey!
I had some adorable die cuts to use from the Halloween Witch Hazel set which you can get on Mrs Brimbles' shop here.
I wanted to try something a little different with them in my planner, this is something I've been wanting to do for a while, but I've just not had the chance to. This is a transparent dashboard! 
You could use it on it's own, or change the card behind it whenever you feel like.
It may seem quite simple to make, and it is. But I'm going to show you the best techniques I found to go about it.


So I started off by laying things out on the cardboard dashboard to get an idea of how I wanted the transparent dashboard to look. Once I'd figured out where I wanted the die cuts, I put a laminating sheet underneath and marked out where the cardboard dashboard was. Then I marked out where the absolute limit I could put die cuts was, so I would avoid putting them over the holes. I marked these in pencil, so I could rub the marks off after it was all laminated and done.


I then put a dab of glue on the back of each die cut and arranged them inside the laminating pouch. This made sure that they all stayed put, it made it a lot less of a faff I can assure you. I can't stress enough that you only need a dab! It's just to hold it in place whilst you are arranging things, the laminator will permanently secure them later on, you want to avoid lumps and bumps of glue on the back.


As you can see above, this is what it looked like once I'd finished arranging the die cuts. There is enough space down the left hand side for the holes to go (don't worry I made sure the white skull went between the two sets of holes!). Before I laminated it I also added a few silver start stickers in some of the gaps, as you will see in the next photo.


Once it was laminated I cut it down using the pencil marks I made on the sheet originally, as a guide, and punched the holes.
That's it! That's all there is to it. I'm hoping to make some more of these transparent dashboards with different themes. I love how they look and love that I can swap out the backgrounds whenever I want.

I hope this has given you some ideas for your planner this October!
Make sure you check out Anna's shop for more Halloween goodies, I'm honestly in love with the Die Cuts.. They are just a must have, you get a lot in a pack too!

Click here to take a look at all the Autumnal/Halloween items Anna has available.

Are you decorating your planner this October? What planner are you using? I'd love to know, so let me know in the comments!

- Daisy X

MyGreenCow

1 comment: