Monday 27 August 2018

Shop Spotlight: The Paper Lobster!

Today I am speaking to Colette from The Paper Lobster! She creates beautiful stickers, and greetings cards, along with a variety of other products!
How long have you been in business?
I launched my website in September last year, I can’t believe my little business will be turning 1 SOON! Time flies when you’re having fun!

Is this your full time job? If not what else do you do alongside it?
I’m also a Store Manager for a well known stationery brand. Even though setting up The Paper Lobster has always been a dream, being surrounded by so much design led stationery keeps my creative bubble flowing.

Outside of the planner/craft community, what is one of your other hobbies/interests?
I have been known to create the odd wedding cake or two. My biggest accomplishment was a 4 tiered cake, with intricate sugar roses - each rose took me a whole hour to do.

(Betta Doodle Dashboard, available here)

What is one of your top selling products?
The ‘Dream big’ unicorn sticker vinyl. The colours are really bright and remind you to constantly focus on your dream.

One tool you wouldn’t be able to live without?
Eeeekkk... Just one? It would have to be my laptop... I do EVERYTHING on there.

How long did it take you to perfect your skill before you opened your shop?
I’ve been ‘doodling’ for years, but it wasn’t until I was on maternity leave and needed an outlet for my creative energy that I really found my groove with illustrating. My mother in law bought me a Silhoette Portrait and that’s when my sticker love affair started.

(The Confessions of Cats Cup, can be found here)

Is there a meaning behind your shop name? How did you come up with it?
I have a love for all things paper, from making origami to scrapbooking, sketching and planning. The Lobster part involves being proposed to in Venice and finding a glass lobster called Larry.

Can you share any new products that you have in the pipeline?
I’ve wanted a planner tee for agggeeesss and instead of waiting for one I like to pop up someday, i’m designing my own!
(A Jar Of Awesome starter kit, is available here)

Quick fire Questions..


Sunshine or rainy days?
Sunshine 

Dogs or Cats? 

Dogs - I have two!

Rings or Strings?
GAH! You can’t make me choose!

Gel ink or Ballpoint?
Ballpoint - BIC biro my all time favourite

Picnic or Restaurant?
Restaurant - especially mexican!


If you want to check out Colette's shop, or follow her on social media, you can find all her links below:
Website
Instagram - @thepaperlobster

She's also provided an exclusive discount for you all! Use the code MYGREENCOW15 for 15% off orders over £10 until September 26th 2018. 

I hope you have all enjoyed finding out a bit more about Colette & what she gets up to over at The Paper Lobster! Thank you Colette for taking part in this blog series! 

- Daisy X

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment