Monday 29 April 2019

How I Use Notepads & Lists Alongside My Planners! - #PaperchaseLovesLists

As much as I'd love to share my lists with you guys, most of them are a scribbly mess and/or have projects and jobs I'm working on that can't be shared yet. Instead I thought I'd share how I use my lists and notepads alongside planners!
Some of you might think I'm the type of Planner who is always on top of things and uses their planners every single day. I am absolutely not! Notepads and list pads though, I would say I use them 6 out of the 7 days of the week at least.


Over the years I've come to terms with the fact that I'm just not one of those Planners, especially with being self employed in a creative field. I might schedule in a creative work day, but if I wake up that morning and don't feel like creating things, then it's just not going to happen.

Instead I do my best to have a weekly to do list running alongside my planners, that way if I don't fancy doing something that I have written in my planner, then I can just go off of the to do list and make sure I'm using my time productively.
I have a notepad that basically lives to the right of my laptop along with a pen, so it's always to hand. Some days I'll have a full list where I've brain dumped, other days I will split things up into priorities. It completely depends on what the jobs are and if there's any deadlines coming up.

I have accumulated a lot of notepads & list pads over the years, I thought I'd share my two favourite brands. One style I use creatively, and the other more practically.


Above is a selection of Kikki.K notepads that I have picked up from various different collections they have had. These are the B6 Feature Notepads and each of the pages has a unique design on (they do double up a few times though). I tend to use these ones creatively as backgrounds in my journals. They work really well for this because the paper is thinner than scrapbook paper, so it doesn't bulk up the journals quite as much.
I have definitely hoarded these a little over the years, because I know once they are used up, I won't be able to find them again! They are so lovely though and I think they bring one out with each collection they do. 


These are the notepads are from Ohh Deer, and they are some of my favourites to use for my weekly to do lists. They are all A5 in size, and I have received them all from the Papergang boxes over the past year or so. Each one is designed by an individual artist, and they definitely make my boring lists look a lot more fun! I have definitely preferred using A5 list pads to the long thin ones recently, as the extra space really does come in handy. 

I think a notepad of some sort will always be a must when I plan my week out. Some weeks I might not get the chance to plan my week in detail, but if I can at least brain dump jobs on a Sunday evening then my week won't be completely all over the place. 

Do you use a notepad along side you planners? 
I want to know!

- Daisy X

*Please note, the Papergang link is a referral link. For every two people who sign up through my link I will receive a free box. No products featured were sent to me for the purpose of this blogpost.

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment