Tuesday 30 April 2019

My Pen Collection Storage! - #RymanLovesPens

I figured this was the perfect time to share how I store a majority of my pen collection. 
Before I had this storage system I stored most of my pens in multiple rotating pen pots, which lived on a shelf. I've found this to be a little more practical in terms of organising them and having them more accessible. 


These drawers are from The Range (here), and in my opinion they are a complete bargain at £10. You get 8 drawers in the tower and they all pull out completely, so if I want to I can take a whole drawer of pens out and pop it on my desk to use. 
The only two negatives I've found with this storage is that the space you get in each drawer is minimal, so some things just haven't fit as perfect as I'd have liked. Also the top of the tower dips slightly making the top drawer catch every now and again. They are small things though, and wouldn't put me off getting more for my office!
I've then labelled each drawer using my dymo label printer just like the rest of the storage in my office space.


I've organised most of my sets of pens by brand, though it depends on how many is in the set and how much space they take up in a drawer. As long as the pens aren't too bulky I have found that most do fit in the drawers pretty well. I have combined a few styles of pens within the same brand, into one drawer to avoid taking up a whole extra drawer. But for some sets, like the fine point sharpies, this didn't work out so they've got their own drawer!


Also I think one of the reason I didn't want to combine them, was because the normal sized sharpies fit so perfectly in their drawer! There was no point messing up this beautiful rainbow if I had a spare drawer to pop them in! (Though the Sharpie minis and the gold marker still bug me slightly)


On my desk I have three storage towers. They aren't all pens, and I'm still in the process of organising them properly.  They are most definitely one of the handiest storage systems I've had on my desk, mainly because of the removable drawers. 
I'm not quite sure how practical these will be as my pen collection grows... But I will cross that bridge when it comes, because for now they are working a treat! 

How do you store your pens? 

- Daisy X

*Please note, no products featured were sent to me for the purpose of this blogpost.

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment